Direct Support Professional
At Hubbard County Developmental Achievement Center, we believe that everyone deserves opportunities to live a life filled with purpose and pride. In our employment and life-enrichment services, we support people to set and achieve their personal goals. As a nonprofit, every HCDAC, Inc. team member is driven by our mission. That shared commitment is the foundation of a workplace that embraces a culture of learning and growth by offering extensive training, competitive salaries, and a fun work environment. We are an inspiring leader in disability services that wants to make a real difference in people’s lives!
Our Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) work directly with people with disabilities in a center-based setting so they can live a life filled with purpose.
- Provide direct support for people with disabilities
- Lead and support a variety of recreational and life enriching activities based on the interests of persons served
- Model appropriate behavior and interactions
- Position may include lifting and transferring adults to/from wheelchairs and assist with personal care
- Continually inspire personal growth in the people you support by establishing and achieving personal goals and implementing person-centered practices
- Input information into an electronic database
- Design innovative community integration activities (volunteering, outdoor, social) and support persons served on these community outings
- Provide daily transportation of persons supported in HCDAC, Inc. vans and buses
- Hardworking, flexible and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Patience, kindness, and organizational skills
- Open to or experience working with people with disabilities
- Maintain calm demeanor in handling occasional difficult situations
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- A valid driver’s license and background check required
- Previous experience is helpful, but we are willing to train the right person!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Driver's License (Required)
If you are interested in any of the job postings listed above, please click the "Apply now" button to obtain an application and email it to email@example.com.